What you’ll need to put together this look:
1. Blue denim jacket
2. Check shirt
3. White graphic t-shirt
4. Khaki cotton pants
5. Black Converse Chuck Taylors
Only a fashion savvy guy could have put this outfit together.
I’m currently doing seminars in Korea, and being here has made me want to write about great “casual” style.
The guys here really re-define “casual” style. It’s so funny because you can instantly spot a foreigner just by their lack of fashion. Even if they are Asian, they stand out like a sore thumb.
I think many places truly need to upgrade their standards for dressing. As an American, it’s clear to me that the majority of our nation is more about comfort than fashion. We wear gym clothes in public and the term “casual” is so loosely used that most people equate it to looking like a hobo.
Today’s lookbook is a reminder that we can set our standards higher.
So let’s take a look at what makes this outfit so great:
- Perfect fit
- Great use of layering – You can never go wrong with a classic denim jacket. It’s a “casual” outfit staple that every man should own.
- The right use of color – The outfit is tastefully color coordinated. There aren’t more than three major colors, keeping the outfit simple and fluid with the rest of the outfit.
- A graphic tee here – It’s rare that graphic tees with silly humor ever come off as attractive, but this one goes well with this outfit because they put his stylish converse sneakers on display.
- The use of khaki pants here – You want to avoid wearing blue jeans when wearing a denim jacket, because you don’t want to look like you’re wearing a tacky denim suit.
If you want to read more about great casual style, check out the What Asia Taught Me About Casual Style article for more!
Rate this look below! Also, leave any comments and suggestions that you have for our lookbook articles. Thanks!
I’d love more lookbooks about casual style, i’m in my early 20’s and in the country where I live, this is what people of my age would wear to go out at night. I’ve really enjoyed the ideas so far.
great article again as usual. The lookbook series is very interesting. I check you site once a daily to see if there is a new great article.
Does anybody know´s a good european shop like yesstyle.com ?
PS:Btw the links to yesstyle.com aren´t working.
awesome! keep up the good work!
This is similar to my everyday style. People think I’m nuts for wearing Chucks, and routinely comment on my wearing of them, but you cannot underestimate a legend. They go great with almost anything and the colors and designs for them far outpace any shoe on the market.
Kinowear, why waste your time in Korea, they don’t need to much more help, come to Australia where we are in desperate need please! 🙂
Another great lookbook, Jae. I was wondering, could you do an article on spring jackets and how to layer in warmer weather? Because whenever i layer in late spring I’m afraid I’ll look stuffy or out of season
I love the casual look. This is exactly what I’m looking for when I buy clothes.
Thanks for inspiration.
love fashion this is a great blog